Sunday, August 11, 2013

Activity 6 - Enhancement by Histogram Manipulation

The activity aims for us to be able for us to enhance an image using Histogram Manipulation

Sometimes, when we capture an image, 
The following image is a sample of a not so good photograph taken from my album.


Figure 1. Dark photograph with my batchmates

Figure 2. Histogram plot of the image using scilab
As we can see, the histogram are crowded in the left, and its not extending even at least at the center. T
Figure 3. CDF plot
Figure 3 is produced simply by utilizing the cumsum function in scilab.

Since we already know the behavior of the CDF of our sampled image, we can now start manipulating the factors affecting the histogram. 

Figure 4. New image adjusted to have the following CDF
Figure 5. New CDF plot of the image.

Alternatively, we could use GIMP to manipulate the histogram and adjust Color Values. I think this is more convenient than the previous method. Well anyway, The




Another example:






I think this is a very nice activity, though I am really having a hard time blogging. Its like, I always don't have something to say.

Anyway I produced all the necessary results using scilab and especially with GIMP as well. I just don't have the time to explore this activity more.

References
[1] AP186 Handouts.Activity 6 - Enhancement by Histogram Manipulation. Maricor Soriano 2013
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Self Grade:
5 or 6/10 I was able to produce all required results but, obviously, my discussion is very poor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I am not really fond of story telling, maybe that's why I am having a hard time to blogging,

No comments:

Post a Comment