Saturday, October 5, 2013

Activity 14 - Pattern Recognition

This activity aims to recognize objects using their differenct characteristics. Again we will be using our skills in image processing to be able to attain this objective. 

The first thing i thought when I knew this activity, is what object will I classify. So after taking a lot of time thinking of interesting objects to classify, i came up with the following image.

Figure 1. Objects to be recognized.

I bought 4 different candies XO, Maxx, Pochi and Mentos. To further view their differences, the following is an image of the candies themselves.

Figure 2. Different candies, XO (top), Maxx(left),Pochi(right),Mentos(bottom)

After reading the handout it says, I need to take 20 pictures of each type for the training set. I can't afford to buy that much candy, and I don't eat a lot of candies myself. So yeah let me think of another object.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, i changed my mind with the candies, Now i will classify the contents of the following image. 
Figure 3. Image of Dingdong, mixed snack of chips,nuts and curls.





No comments:

Post a Comment